Santa Cruz/Capitola Overnight

 

Spent a lovely weekend last weekend with my friends in Santa Cruz. We decided to visit there because we are all graduates and it's been a few years since we last visited. We were all going down memory lane in our heads and also saying some thoughts out loud of the memories we shared. We started off with some Verve, which is my favorite place to get a mocha especially with whipped cream. We went to Natural Bridges to watch the sunset, but it was too cloudy. We still enjoyed the calming view. 
My photographer of the weekend, Meiko took my photos. I bought the black maxi skirt from the thrift store. It's velvet and has silver glittery details. Not very summery, but I still wanted to wear it out. We headed to Oswald for dinner and I got the venison. This restaurant is on the pricier end, but so worth the $. We also got a refreshing melon sorbet after dinner. 
The next morning, we got Cafe Brasil for take out. Cafe Brasil is a must if you are visiting Santa Cruz. The acai bowls are delicious as well as the food! There's always a wait on the weekends. We headed to campus and ate there. After, we took a stroll around campus and if you've never been to UCSC, just know that the campus is a ginormous forest. After that we went to downtown to Penny Ice Creamery, which is another must go! I got the hazelnut mascarpone flavor and my friends got the blackberry sorbet. We then headed to Capitola Beach, which is about a 10-15 minute drive away from Santa Cruz. It was surprising because we have never been to Capitola Beach during our college years. I mainly wanted to go to see the Capitola Venetian Hotel.
My last photo is my outfit of the day. I thrifted the shorts and also the long sleeveless, button up maxi dress. It was a lovely weekend spent with warm weather and the best company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment